Message from The Chairman of the Management Committee
Recently, I was asked if it was better for those that had access to other shops to use the village shop to support it or shop elsewhere to reduce the pressure on the shop and ensure that there were sufficient supplies for those who relied on the shop.I have spoken to Mel and she would like the village to support the shop where they can during the present situation
The reasoning behind this is:-
– we are presently able to get good supplies of most products
– steady demand makes it easier to manage stocks and shelf life on fresh goods
– the system for collections and deliveries is very efficient and the team are finding they are not overwhelmed. Indeed some days are too quiet
– we use a number of local suppliers who are finding life difficult as they are no longer supplying the hospitality industry – so it’s better to support our local economy rather than a major supermarket chain
– the shop only has a single phone line so is unlikely to be overwhelmed by orders. If you try a number of times and can’t get through think about shopping elsewhere if you can on that particular occasion. Quietest time is between 12 and 1.00pm
– our fantastic management team of Mel, Anne and Liz are doing a brilliant job and they would prefer to be busy rather than waiting for the phone to ring.
The shop offers a wide range of products at competitive prices so you can probably get most of what you need there.
So please support the shop when and where you can
Paul Smith, chairman